Oreos, ice cream and chocolate brownies, all in one delicious treat. This Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich recipe is creamy, dreamy, and so chocolatey. Easy to do and a sure hit!
May I introduce you to the best summer dessert? No one will pass up an Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich! Creamy, no-churn ice cream is sprinkled with crumbled Oreos and sandwiched between velvety chocolate brownies. Easy to whip up a big batch, but they won’t last long!
If you’re looking for more sweet treats, why not also try my Funfetti Cookie Sandwiches or Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins?
Why you’ll love this Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
An easy dessert recipe. These ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make. Made with brownie mix and no ice cream maker needed!
Loaded with Oreos! This Oreo ice cream is packed with delicious cookie biscuits.
Three desserts in one. Brownies, ice cream and Oreos’, this is a chocolate lovers dream.
Perfect for the summer. Super filling, creamy and with just the right amount of ‘squid’, they are great for BBQs and summer parties. But also throughout the year, of course!
Ingredients you will need
1. sweetened condensed milk
2. Oreo: Shredded
3. Vanilla extract
5. heavy whipping cream
6. Brownie Mix: Classic
How to make an Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich
1. Make the ice cream. In a large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, crushed oreos, vanilla extract, and salt. Then, in a medium bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Stir whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
2. Freeze the ice cream. Pour mixture into cold pan, place in freezer and chill for about 5 hours or until ice cream is firm enough to serve as a scoop.
Make the brownies. Prepare brownie batter according to box directions. Pour the brownie mix onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out in a thin layer. It should cover at least half of the baking sheet. Bake the brownie batter for 20-25 minutes.
Freeze the brownies. Once cooled, cover with foil wrap and transfer the baking sheet to the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Assemble the cookies. Remove the brownies from the freezer, spread the ice cream over half of the brownie sheet, cut off the other half and place on top of the ice cream, to make the sandwiches. Freeze for one hour.
Cut the brownies into squares, serve and enjoy!
Recipe notes and tips
1. Line your loaf pan with parchment for easy cleanup.
2. Be sure not to over-beat the whipped cream or it will break.
3. Bake brownie batter for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. You want the brownies to be quite firm, so you may need to bake a little longer than normal.
5. When spreading your ice cream be sure to spread the filling all the way to the edges!
6. Make sure to use a sharp knife when cutting the squares.
7. Store in the freezer, covered, until ready to eat.
Do I need an ice cream maker?
Not at all! This ice cream sandwich recipe doesn’t use whipped ice cream, it’s easy to make, creamy and delicious. It’s essentially condensed milk and whipped cream – easy and no ice cream maker needed!
What else can I add to these Ice Cream Sandwiches?
If you want to impress even more, you can drizzle some melted chocolate on top of each square. Add some rainbow sprinkles on top or around the edges of the filling. Finely chopped walnuts are good too! One cool thing to do is dip just one corner of each square in some melted chocolate – deliciously delicious!
Can I adjust the serving size?
I have cut these dreamy, creamy brownie sandwiches into 12 small squares. These are dense and rich, so even if they seem smaller, they are still very satisfying. However, you can totally cut them into larger squares if you want!
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you, including this delicious Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich recipe. I hope you will try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
Read More >>